Thursday 8 April 2010

Peppermint Creams!

Having found a box of icing sugar in Carrefour the other day, tanya reminded me of the existence of peppermint creams. Think the last time I had made or eaten any were when I was at primary school. I also remember that after we made little peppermint cream mice at school that I tried to make them at home myself with icing sugar and water and failed miserably (although I still enjoyed eating the sugary peppermint flavoured mess afterwards)

We found a much better recipe online:
1 egg white
400-420g of icing sugar
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
a few drops of peppermint oil/flavouring

Lightly beat the egg white. Add the lemon juice and gradually add the icing sugar, mixing, until you have a smooth, firm dough then add the peppermint. Mould in to silly shapes!


Dog house and a cave for a pink bear...


my attempt at a palm tree for my little monkey to sit under.

Come to think of it I guess we could actually have melted some chocolate to cover some of the peppermint creams, but we just got a little carried away with the mini playdough session.

No comments:

Post a Comment